Friday, October 19, 2012

Etsy Prints Rount One

I am collecting art from Etsy slowly but surely to help build up my collection for my future gallery frame wall.


This is how our living room currently looks.  I love my DIY clothes-pin photo gallery , but I was hoping for something that would better fit the scale of the wall.  No worries about where the gallery will end up, I already have plans for that!


I am envisioning something like this beauty from Young House Love.  


Or this one from Curbly.

Pinned Image

Or this one from Dykast.  You get the feel I'm going for.  What I like most about this example is the poppy fun and bright colors.  The other examples have neutral and soft colors, but this one really shakes things up!

 Pinned Image

Now back to the art.  I wanted the art to be varied and eclectic.  My first purchase was this vintage 1910 butterfly book plate from Kelly Waren.  I snapped it up for $6.50.


Next is this Old School Striped Bass drawing by artist Michelle Soares.  This print cost me just $12.00!


Next was this charming little orange-ish red owl Linocut for $7.00. I purchased this from Judith Hladik-Voss.  


This Mehndi Peacock Print had me at hello.  I love the detail in the tail!  This was from Michelle Tavares for only $13.00.



This Gypsie Moth print was from Vintage Carolina for just $4.50!

Gypsy Moth Illustrations Vintage Insect Scientific Book Plates for Mixed Media, Altered Art or Framing

By far my most favorite print was this charming owl.  I love the color and the look on his little eyes.  This one I snagged from Iain McDonald for just $12.50.  Have I mentioned how much Etsy rocks?  Ya...it rocks pretty hard.  I am so excited that I snagged a bunch of colorful, unique, eclectic prints for super cheap.  I am excited for what other gems I will find on Etsy for my gallery wall, and what prints will inspire me to create a little DIY art of my own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!