Monday, August 29, 2011

Photography Adventure: Boathouses

I. Love. My. Camera. Enough said.  I have been going on many photography adventures lately and my camera tends to be attached to my hip.  Recently on a visit up north I conned the hubby in taking a ride down to the historic boathouses on Lake Vermilion.  In short, they are old, rustic, and awesome.

We got to the boathouses just as the sun was beginning to set.



Each of the boathouses are numbered and most of the numbers have great character.

The texture on the metal that makes up the sides of the boat houses is amazing.



Again, the numbers are so eccentric, probably because they have been there forever!  Well...almost forever.  I love old buildings and the way the paint wears so shooting the boathouses was extremely fun!

I shot this picture on an old back road from inside the car.  I was inspired by the amazing glow of the sun.  I was so excited with how it turned out considering we were moving 60 miles per hour down the road!


These flowers were shot on the side of the road.  The humidity was so great that day that it fogged up the lens of my camera, but I ended up liking the effect!


I love how the whites, blues, and greens work together in this picture.


And lastly, I couldn't resist snapping a picture of my handsome hubby.  He makes me smile.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!