Thursday, October 27, 2011

Photography Adventure: Trains

Recently on a trip back to the homeland, and by that I mean northern MN where the hubby and I are from, I wandered down to the old train station.  It doesn’t have operating trains any more, but it has several antique trains and the old depot on display.  The trains used to transport iron minors to and from the mine.  I just thought I would throw that in there because who doesn’t like a little history lesson?  Anyhoo, I tried to capture the charming details such as this vintage yellow door. 


I was also intrigued by all the bright colors such as these rustic red stairs.    


I happened to capture some killer sun flairs (score) while I was shooting the yellow train car.  I tried to capture it by pointing my lens directly at the sun and crossing my fingers.           



Here is the yellow door again that I am completely obsessed with  from a different angle with a deep blue background. It’s amazing that a different perspective or angle can change a picture.         


All the colors on the trains were inspiring, especially the worn blue floorboards. 


The vintage lettering on the side of the train was amazing.  I love to capture all the charming details.    


The last pictures of the day were of an old wagon wheel.  It was sitting by the depot, and I had no clue what it was for, but the wheels were stellar!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!