Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wine Themed Party: Chalk Wine Glasses and Beer Mugs

My next craft project for the Wine Themed Party involved chalkboard paint and wine glasses….surprise surprise! I am obsessed with both so a project that puts the two together is right up my alley.  The materials you will need for this project are:
  • Wine glasses and um….beer mugs for the guys
  • Painters tape
  • Plastic bags
  • Chalkboard spray paint
  • Chalk


I purchased a glass for each guest and got a great deal at Walmart, $0.99 for each wine glass and $1.30 for each beer mug.  First you put painters tape in the outline that you want the chalkboard paint.  For the beer mugs I wanted mine in a rectangle.  Make sure the lines are centered and straight on each glass and you press down the painters tape hard to make sure there is no leakage.   


For the wine glasses I wanted the chalkboard paint to go up the stem so I choose a spot and attempted to tape a seamless circle around the stem.     


Then take your plastic bags (one for each glass) and wrap those babies up good enough so only the portion you want spray painted is showing.  I used painters tape to secure the bags and taped out from the original painters tape lines.       


Then spray away in nice light coats. 


I ended up doing 6 light coats of the chalk paint and it seemed to hold up very well against writing on the glasses and erasing!   


Then take your chalk and write the names of your guests.  This will ensure your guests will never loose their drink and are a neat alternative to wine charms.  You can use them as place cards or arrange them around a tasting table.     


Plus….it looks super cool…..which is a bonus. 


The only materials I had to purchase for this project was the glasses since I already owned all of the other materials.  This is a cheap and easy way to let your guests take away a special something from a fabulous party!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!