Friday, November 11, 2011

Mouthwatering Bruschetta

The hubby recently took me on a date at Campiello in Eden Prairie that was so inspiring to my taste buds I have been bending over backwards to re-create our night.  It started out with a glass of Merlot and some bruschetta.  The most amazing, simple, and delicious bruschetta that has ever entered my mouth.  It continued with a caprese salad and gnocci with white garlic sauce.  The hubby choose gnocci with sausage and peperonata, which was to die for and by far my second favorite dish next to the Bruschetta.  The night ended with baked chocolate mousse cake and some coffee with Bailey’s and whip.  Yum!  I re-created the bruschetta for my mother’s birthday bash with the recipe given to me by our server after I raved about the taste.  To make this delicious bruschetta you need one loaf of French or Italian bread, Burrata cheese (which is a type of mozzarella), tomatoes, freshly cut basil, olive oil, and sea salt.  That’s it.   


The Burrata is very expensive and hard to find.  After looking at and calling several grocery stores I gave up….for now.  I substituted soft mozzarella cheese (the one you buy in a ball) and it came pretty darn close.  First you cut your bread in half lengthwise and slowly toast it in the oven over low broil until lightly brown.  Slice the tomatoes and make a thin layer of tomato the length of each half of bread.  Next slice the mozzarella and place on top of the tomatoes (be generous).  Slice the basil and sprinkle over the top of the bread, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and you are ready to eat!  It is so simple but so delicious and elegant! Enjoy!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!