Monday, February 18, 2013

Frame Gallery Wall: Reveal

I am super stoked to say that we have FINALLY finished our DIY gallery wall.  Can I get a woop woop? No?....Maybe?  Let's just say I'm jazzed every time I walk by it.  Every. Single. Time.


Our wall didn't always look like this.  Here is the before.  Not bad, but the art definitely did not fit the scale of the wall.  Then through the magic of gathering art and finding and putting up lots and lots and lots of white frames it was transformed into........


 

THIS!  I love how the blues and yellows pop in the frames and bring out the colors from the living room.  Ahhh so much wonderful art!  And the good thing about the fact that I didn't buy all those pictures (besides not having to take out a loan to pay for them) is that I can update when necessary, and even add more frames if I feel in the mood.  I don't think Ikea is getting rid of their RIBBA frames any time soon?


I get gushy feelings thinking about how much more fun, sentimentality, and color is in the room now.  The white frames and mats make it not so overwhelming to have this much color.  I don't want it to look like a rainbow threw up on my wall...not good. 


I also added in another friend to the room.  I got an e-mail from the hubby's grandmother saying "I know you like old stuff and the church is selling old chairs at $2 a piece - you want in?".  Firstly, I love how I now have the reputation as the girl who likes old stuff....classic.  That allows these fine opportunities to come around - of course I said hells yes.  I snatched up 4 of them and besides one going right here, I'm not sure where I am going to put all of them yet.   Am I going to make a set of 4 with a table?  Am I going to place them individually throughout the house?  Am I going to paint them?  Only time will tell.


What I do know is that I crafted up a small pillow that accentuates and compliments the colors on the gallery wall.  You know how you walk into the fabric store and see a fabric you LOVE but don't know what to do with it....so of course you buy a yard to "just see what you can come up with"?  Ya this was that kind of fabric I had laying around and I happened to have some extra stuffing from this project that I sewed up a pillow in like 15 minutes. 


Here is a close up of the pictures.  The spacing between the pictures isn't even and I didn't want it to be.  I wanted it to look unintentional, haphazard, unsymmetrical yet put together in some way.  On the left is that beautiful thank you card I talked about here.  



Last but not least is the M letter I brought home from our Michigan trip.  It is a nice little simple accent to all the business on the gallery wall. and still adds a pop of color and fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!