Monday, April 23, 2012

The Light of My Life

I decided that it was time to begin the search to update the lighting in the dining room…..and I brought home two of these babies!  


*Sigh* aren’t they beautiful?  I heard music playing as soon as I laid eyes on them and I knew they had to be mine!  They are the perfect style of raw industrial meets country vintage chic!  But let’s back it up!  My search for the perfect kitchen pendant lighting began at Ikea, as many of my home décor searches do.  I initially had my eye on the FOTO Pendant Lamp from Ikea for the sweet price of $19.99.  I was ready to put them in my cart and go home satisfied when I realized that Ikea was in their “product switching” phase.  This is a terrible term for “we have nothing in stock….sorry”.  That brought my dreams to a screeching halt.    

FOTO Pendant lamp IKEA Gives a directed light. Good for lighting dining tables or a bar area.

I picked myself up and developed a new plan: hit Home Depot, Menards, and Lowes and see what I could rustle up.  After several stores I came upon these babies at Lowes and I couldn’t be happier I passed on the Ikea pendants.  These have a lot more style, character, and charm.  Now granted they did come with a steeper price tag at $35.00 a piece, it is still a small price to pay for happiness!  Especially since my online search yielded lights at 3-4 times the price!  I believe it was fate that these lovelies walked into my life (or swung?) because they weren’t even on display!  So needless to say there is a big lighting change project in my future!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!