Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Picture Frame Cork Bord

As part of this DIY organizational center series here is a little tutorial of probably the easiest part of the whole thing: picture frame cork board.  The first step is to find empty picture frames, like I did in this post for this project.


Here’s what you will need to complete the project:
  • An empty picture frame
  • White Paint  
  • A cork board that fits into the picture frame OR one that can be cut down to size
  • Hot Glue

Because I wanted to continue on the white boarder theme that I had with my magnetic chalk board, my first step was to paint the frame from gray to white.  



Before choosing this frame for the project I tested out all of my frames from my empty frame wall to see which one was the best fit for the cork board.  It happened to be that this frame was dead on!  I already had the cork board, but you can buy regular pieces of cork at craft stores like Michaels. 



Lastly, you lay the picture frame down face first and put a line of hot glue around the edges.  Quickly lay your cork board in the picture frame before the hot glue dries…and viola! You have dressed up an old cork board to look interesting and funky.  The best part of this project was FREE!  I had all the parts on hand so it didn’t cost me a dime!        



Check back in tomorrow for the reveal of the completed organizational center!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!