Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Squirrel Gets a Makeover

Awhile back I picked up a squirrel at Goodwill that I fondly named Mr. Squirrel.  I had every intention of giving him a makeover that involved white spray paint, and I finally got around to the project.  Here is the side by side shot of his before and after.



It took around 3 light coats to get his color to a crisp white where the icky “before” orange wasn’t showing through.  So the outcome wasn’t too shabby for a $2.00 goodwill find turned sleek and charming nut-eating accessory.  I have been working on accessorizing my long and bare set of dressers and used Mr. Squirrel as a jumping off point.  I sat him on a stack of books that coordinates with the amazing quilt my hubby’s grandmother made us for our wedding.  I love the titles of the vintage books: “Jellybean”, “The Green Coat”, and “The Amateur Photographer’s Handbook”, they make me smile!  I threw in my Ball canning jar of sentimental wine corks from this post, and topped it off with some vintage letter tiles perched on a scrabble tray.  It looked a little something like this:




It’s not perfect yet, but it is a start!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!