Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourth of July Celebration Part I: Tablescape

This forth of July commemorated our first summer celebration in our new house! I was so excited to have family and friends weaving their way throughout our house for good times and good eats for the duration of the holiday weekend.


I couldn’t help myself but craft up a tablescape for the event.  The whole table cost me around $30.00 to purchase the table cloth (which is reusable and was only $2.00 more than a throw away table cloth), four flags, tissue paper, and TONS of sparklers.  The rest of the décor I pulled from my collection.  Here is some eye candy of the completed tablescape.

I went with bold reds, navy blues, whites, and pops of turquoise blue.  I used mason jars and sand to hold the flags, and placed them on two coordinating blue books so they wouldn’t touch the table.  I used a computer program to create the banner, sparkler label, and round table signs all in coordinating colors and backed them with bright blue card stock – all which I had left over from other projects.  I created the round table centerpieces with flower pots and used floral foam wrapped in tissue paper to stick the signs in.  I used tall cylinder vases to put the sparklers and used blue crushed sea glass to fill the bottom.  I cut some fresh hydrangeas from the yard to top off the table and used Martha Stewart style tissue paper balls to frame the banner.  The table was a great backdrop for food and fun all weekend long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!