Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ravioli Re-do!

Last weekend I was entertaining a friend and served Giada De Laurentiis’s Fried Raviolis.  It was delicious and I highly recommend it as an easy appetizer that looks pretty darn fancy.  However, what I was left over with was an abundance of bite sized cheese raviolis.  As I was pressed for time this week as my “day job” is getting pretty demanding (how dare it!) I was looking for a quick fix for supper.  This is how I came up with: Ravioli with Garlic Butter Sauce.  Really inventive name, I know, but it works!  It’s an easy week night fix that takes little time and effort but gives so much back with taste and deliciousness.  Here is a fair warning thought; this is not a figure friendly recipe!  I mean the words “butter sauce” are in the title, but it IS so yummy!

Total Cook and Prep Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients for two servings:

Premade cheese ravioli
2 ½ tablespoons butter
1 ½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Italian Cheese: Asiago, Romano, Parmesan

Optional substitutes:

I’m a big fan of substituting and customizing recipes!  For this recipe you could substitute olive oil for butter, add oregano or parsley, or substitute fresh crushed garlic instead of the powder and salt.  If your are really ambitious you could make your ravioli from scratch, like I did here, but the great thing about this recipe is that if your short on time (or energy) you don’t have to!

Directions:

First start out by boiling the water and cook the ravioli according to the package.  I used Buitoni four cheese raviolis. 



While the raviolis are boiling, melt the butter or heat the oil in a pan over medium to medium high heat.  Then add the basil and garlic salt and butter.  If you are using fresh garlic add it to the pan now and sauté. 



Turn the heat down to simmer and when the raviolis are done boiling add them to the butter mixture.  Toss to coat. 



Top with the cheese of your choice and serve.  I am a sucker for Asiago and Ramano.  The only thing left to do is enjoy! Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!